Hello there!

Why hello!

My name is Heidi, and I read a lot.

I've recently been forcing myself through the utter trash that is anything written by Laurell K Hamilton. Now, years ago, when her Anita Blake series of novels hit the shelves, I really enjoyed them. The first several books in her series were actually incredible supernatural/urban fantasy detective stories. I'm not going to lie to you and say I don't enjoy these books. I do. I just hate the fact that I do. 

However, some time after the sixth or so book in the series the author took a sharp turn from decently written, engaging supernatural/urban fantasy and began focusing more on supernatural sex and erotica. She inserted just a few, honestly quite tame, sex scenes. I could stomach those. They fit into the stories and characters well enough. Then, I'm not quite sure what happened, maybe the author entered her 40s and had a sexual reawakening, remarried or something, and the series just EXPLODED, and not in a good way. 

The series suddenly majorly switched focus to the main character having as much sex as inhumanly possible to feed some sexual spirit inside her that allows her to something something magic. It was not good. Chapters upon chapters were devoted to these sex scenes, and the plot suffered. When there was a plot, that is. 

I still read them, because I am a completionist, and enjoy torturing myself. 

And now, I shall review them. I shall review them, chapter by chapter, to explain for you, my friends, what it is like to stare into the belly of the beast. Or, in this case, our main character's perfect HOT TIGHT WET vagina. 

I'm so, so sorry. 

Labels: ,